An Actuarial Perspective on Climate Change
You are an actuary who recently moved to ASNA Springs, a small developing town in Canada. The town leaders are holding you and your team of actuaries responsible for developing a plan to implement sustainable energy sources such as solar panels and wind turbines.
Registration Deadline: September 20th, 2024 at 11:59PM EST
Round 1: October 1st – October 20th, 2024
Round 2: November 10th – November 25th, 2024
Final round: Present on January 21st, 2024
For Round 1, you will analyze a climate dataset for ASNA Springs and be asked to draw conclusions about the amount of sustainable energy you can produce for the future years.
For Round 2, you will expand on your findings from round 1 and analyze the costs and risks associated with sustainable energy.
3 teams will be selected to present at the ASNA 2024 convention, which will be held from January 2024 in Montreal!
- If you would like to compete but can’t find a team, please follow the instructions on the registration form. We can help you build a team.
- Cross-university and non-member university teams are also welcome
- All team members must be enrolled in a January 2024 Bachelors program to be eligible to compete in this case competition.
- Please make sure before registering for the case competition that all team members will be available from January 19th – 21st, 2024 to present at the ASNA 2024 convention.
- Due to the large volume of students that would like to attend the ASNA 2024 convention, we cannot reserve any spots for the teams participating in the case competition. Please make sure that you sign up for the 2024 convention when the registration is open.