Catastrophic Case Competition
You are an actuary for Chek-Us-Out (CUO) Insurance Company, a nationwide leader of insurance for concert and event companies in Canada. You work in the “reserving” department and are responsible for helping CUO estimate the liabilities associated with all of the event insurance policies it has ever written.
Registration Deadline: September 24th, 2022 at 11:59PM EST
Round 1: September 25th – October 16th 2022
Round 2: October 30th – November 27th 2022
Final round: Present on January 15th, 2023
For Round 1, you will be asked to discuss the ultimate reserve estimates developed using the reported and paid loss development triangle.
For Round 2, you will compare and contrast the results from round 1 with the ultimate reserve estimated from frequency-severity analysis.
3 teams will be selected to present at the ASNA 2023 convention, which will be held from January 2023 in Toronto!
- If you would like to compete but can’t find a team, please follow the instructions on the registration form. We can help you build a team.
- Cross-university and non-member university teams are also welcome
- All team members must be enrolled in a January 2023 Bachelors program to be eligible to compete in this case competition.
- Please make sure before registering for the case competition that all team members will be available from January 13th – 15th, 20223 to present at the ASNA 2023 convention.
- Due to the large volume of students that would like to attend the ASNA 2023 convention, we cannot reserve any spots for the teams participating in the case competition. Please make sure that you sign up for the 2023 convention when the registration is open.